Saturday, October 8, 2011

Phase II - Complete.

Phase II of our "finding joy with less" experiment is complete.  Yesterday we sold one of our two cars, reducing our vehicle fleet by 50%.  We are now a one car family with two very active and busy kids.  Not to mention Steve is still working out in Eden Prairie and I in Wayzata.  Steve has committed to biking to work 4 days a week (he works from home on Mondays) and I have committed to keep driving to my job Monday-Wednesday  (I'm home very Thursday & Friday).  Steve will be the more fit of the two of us.

Our back up plan in a pinch you ask?  The HOURCAR http://www.hourcar.org/

Benefits of this change:

1.  Reduce costs in terms of insurance, gas, maintenance
2.  Reduce our carbon footprint
3.  Reduce stress in having to think about or worry about another vehicle
4.  More thoughtful and deliberate in decided when and where we will drive

I'll let you know how it goes.......

No comments:

Post a Comment