Sunday, May 22, 2011

Early Wins of our New Smaller Space......

In the last three weeks that we've occupied our new dwelling I have noticed many wonderful benefits of downsizing and specifically living in a condo environment.  Here are just a few:


-Less to clean (Yippee!).  What used to take me a good 3 solid hours now takes me maybe 1 full hour.  That's two hours of my life back to do things like.....blogging, playing with my kids, reading, etc.
-Feeling of coziness at all times.  It's a "comfortable" cozy, not a "cramped" cozy.  
-No wasted space.  I love the fact that we are using all of our space and all of our furniture on a daily basis.  
-Utilizing the great common spaces in our building where you can grab a book and sit in a comfy chair to read or hang out on our buildings shared green space with trees and beautiful flowers.  
-No worries of having to deal with weather damage (i.e. hail damage, flooding basement, down trees).
-A wonderful sense of community.  We have already met many wonderful neighbors and everyone we talk to loves living here.  
-Ease of walking everywhere.  To church, to get groceries, dinner, parks, museums, movies, bookstores, coffee, music, need I say more?


I asked both my kids and Steve what their favorite part of living downtown has been so far:


Nora - "all of the lights in the nighttime."
Owen - "our new big screen TV and the lights"
Steve - "everything within walking distance"


The other night as I was tucking Nora into bed and went to close the blinds in her room.  She stopped me asked me to keep them up so she can see the lights.  She then told me that when she has trouble sleeping she counts the lights instead of sheep!

No comments:

Post a Comment