Friday, May 27, 2011

Ouch!

Well......here I am writing to you from my comfy bed this morning.  For the past week I have been suffering with lower back pain and finally went to see a Chiropractor yesterday.  All of the moving, lifting of heavy IKEA boxes, painting and just general stress has caught up with me.  I have never experience such debilitating and paralyzing pain (other than non-medicated child birth of course).  I can barely get in and out of my car, it hurts to sneeze, I can't bend down to pick anything up and the only comfort I have is when I am standing or lying flat on my back.  Yesterday I had to ask my kids to help me get out of my car.  How humbling that was and I think a bit scary for my kids!  The most difficult part of all of this, which really is a blessing, is that I need to STOP and relax.  I am looking at walls I want to paint, clothes I need to wash, bike rides I want to take, boxes still to unpack, and I physically cannot do any of it.

So, I will take the next couple of days to slow down, ask my husband and kids for more help and try to heal my back.

The Chiropractor I went to see yesterday was great!  Her name is Jane and she shared with me some wisdom regarding the two vertebrae (4 & 5) that are bothering me.  She is a big supporter of yoga and one of the mantras she has learned for these two vertebrae is "The War is Over."  How interesting, I thought!  Our 6 month battle to sell our house is over.  Our three week challenge to get rid of all of our excess stuff  and pack our house is over. The move is over.  The extreme sadness of leaving our neighbors is somewhat over.

We still have other battles to face such as choosing the right Minneapolis schools for Owen and Nora, figuring out how to live with one car, etc. But for the next few days I will rest, enjoy my new surroundings, feel gratitude for all of the wonderful blessings in my life and enjoy time with my family and friends.  I hope all of you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment