Sunday, May 15, 2011

Finding Time to Blog

Sorry for the delay in updating this blog but moving and getting rid of stuff is hard work.  As with any exciting and planned change in life, the path to finding joy with less has at times felt like the path to pure ChAoS!

Our move went off without a hitch.  Nothing lost.  Nothing broken.  Great movers (Quality Transfer - thanks for the referral Robin!) and a lot help and emotional support from my wonderful friend Susan and mother-in-law.

The day of the move was really emotional for me as I went up and down our block in a puddle of tears, unable to speak, trying to say goodbye to our wonderful perfect neighbors.  For a few hours that day my excitement of our move was taken over by a deep sadness of what we were leaving behind.   I had to remind myself of what I always tell my kids when they are feeling sad........."it's normal and natural to feel this way.....let it out girl."
And so I did.  And felt much better later that day.

The past two weeks have been filled with painting, unpacking, walking our new hood, driving to many end of year school events, touring new potential Minneapolis schools, putting together IKEA furniture (I can now assemble a Hemnes drawer with my eyes closed), baseball games, softball practice, Mother’s Day and a First Communion.  Lots of work but also lots of fun.

Last night we ventured out and walked to Keys Cafe in the Foshay Tower for dinner.  It's great to be able to step outside our door onto lovely Nicollet Mall and have our choice of wonderful places to eat and stroll.  Love the fact that I can walk to get groceries, I walked to get my hair cut the other day and today we'll be walking to Target Field for a Twins game.   

I'll post a few pictures of our new home.  Like I said earlier, I'll be sharing the good, the bad and the ugly.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment